[DGD]One last question....

Torbj|rn Andersson d91tan at Update.UU.SE
Sat Jan 9 03:34:49 CET 1999

> Not sure what you mean...Like I said, it's been a while.

What I meant was something like this:

inherit "/obj/weapon.c";

init() {
    ::init();   /* Call the init() defined by weapon.c */
    /* Whatever stuff you want to do in init() */
}

But init() is, isn't it, called at any time the object comes "in sight"
of another object marked as "alive", i.e. it's called a lot. So setting
the object's properties there seems a bit silly. That's what I meant by
saying reset() would be a better place to put it in.

(Of course, the nice thing about DGD is that you can check how these
things really work without having to look at the driver source, since
all - or at least most - of it is implemented in LPC. :-)

By the way, is anyone still maintaining the 2.4.5 simulation? If so,
there is what looks like (I can't easily test it right now) an error
in the simulation of first_object() (inventory.c) where

    if (obj == 0) {
        obj == this_object();

which - do I even have to say it? - should almost certainly be

    if (obj == 0) {
        obj = this_object();

     _
Torbjorn Andersson