[DGD]Room resets?

E. Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 12 09:54:13 CET 1999

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Adam Levenstein wrote:

> At 04:44 PM 1/11/99 +0100, E. Harte wrote:
> >On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Adam Levenstein wrote:
> >
> >  # define RESET_TIME     30
> >
> >In other words, with 'RESET_TIME' at 30 you get reset-times of roughly 30
> >minutes.
> >
> >Hope that helps.
>
> Hi Erwin,
>
> I thought that might be it...However, the rooms don't reset at *all*. My
> mud's been running for 12 hours now, if not longer, and the rooms have not
> reset.

You have to actually visit the rooms and 'trigger' the resets, if I
remember correctly.  The idea being that there is no point in resetting
rooms when nobody ever visits them, right?

Have a look at /dgd/lib/reset.c for the actual 'resetting' and then go to
/dgd/lib/inventory.c and look for occurences of _F_reset(), shouldn't be
too hard to figure out how it's done. :-)

You are of course free to change this mechanism in any way you feel like.

Erwin.