[DGD]Room resets?

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jan 12 15:58:02 CET 1999

> >You have to actually visit the rooms and 'trigger' the resets, if I
> >remember correctly.  The idea being that there is no point in resetting
> >rooms when nobody ever visits them, right?
>
> You mean the wizard has to go around and reset them manually?

Err no, I believe Erwin was suggesting that somebody had to actually visit
a room before it will reset.  I.e. if no player or wizard goes into a room
its not going to bother restting itself.  I think some drivers had an option
for this (LAZY_RESETS?) but the 2.4.5 driver didn't by default.  To find out
what the dgd emulation is doing though you really need to look at the code!

You seem to say later on here that people are visiting the rooms but
they aren't resetting.

> Ugh...Looks like I'll do a little hacking.
>
> The thing is, it's important for the monsters to reset (especially for the
> newbie areas). What's happening now is that when you go around and kill all
> the monsters, they don't come back.

Are these rooms you've written yourself or the stock 2.4.5 rooms?

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide