[DGD]Room resets?

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jan 12 17:00:48 CET 1999

> Looks like it's me, because only my rooms aren't resetting. Harry the
> Affectionate still pops up. Here's the code:

So ummm compare your code to the code for the room Harry is in.

> reset(arg) {
>     if (arg) return;

With arg being zero during creation of the object and non-zero thereafter
the rest of your reset() code would be being called only once (at creation)
and never again yeah?  Try a structure something like

reset(arg) {
   if (!arg) {
      /* Do all the _room_ setup */
   }
   /* Make Laura and move her to this room */
}

Or whatever takes your fancy that does things appropriately with regards to
the arg flag.

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide