[DGD]List Archives

Ron being at gezernet.co.il
Fri Jan 29 12:23:40 CET 1999

>Probably one of the reasons for the lack of archive there is that it would
>be an awfully easy way for email-harvesters to get a nice list of 'real'
>addresses, because most people here don't add spam-blocks.

Heh, ok.. then why have the link there anyways? Seems a bit pointless.

>What sort of information were you hoping to find in there, anyway?
>Perhaps the DGD FAQ could be of use to you:
>
>  http://www.enol.com/~asmith/drf/dgd/faq.html
>
>Otherwise, just ask the question. :-)

I'm familiar with the FAQ. Actually I think that that's how I heard of DGD
in the first place. As for asking the question, well, the whole purpose of
using the archives is to avoid redundant discussions which I know I find
somewhat annoying and I'm sure that others feel the same way.
I'm a newbie when it comes to creating a mud (though I guess everyone was
at one time or the other). Much like other people, I was hoping in creating
a mud and I hope it's not just a passing phase. There are quite a few
things I'm confused about and I guess it'll be a long time before I could
get to the actual mudlib coding.
I have quite a few questions, from compiling the DGD driver for Win95/98
and doing actual mudlib coding. After searching vastly around the web and
the newsgroups, I realized that there's not much documentation and
tutorials, and also that people are aware of that. I was looking for this
list's archives for any tips that other DGD users may have left.
Basically, I'd appreciate any kind of help.
	Ron

p.s.
Just to clarify a couple of things. I do have the DGD driver running for
Win95 and also the Melville and 2.4.5 mudlibs working on it (though I'm
currently using the Melville one). Never got the LPMOO mudlib to run.