[DGD]Melville Mudlib

Jman77777 at aol.com Jman77777 at aol.com
Sun Jul 18 17:07:53 CEST 1999

Recently, I have been getting involved with LPMuds in general, and especially
DGD which I like the most.  I have experimented with various mudlib's,
deciding that I like Melville the best due to its simplicity and availability
to use commercially with approval.  I tried to email the author (MobyDick),
but his email address is no longer valid.  Does anyone have his current email
address?  In the meantime, I was hoping that some of you might have
experience with Melville and could help me figure out a few things.

Bug 1:  As soon as I started up the mud, I immediately began redoing the
short and long description of the starting room.  I changed these in the code
using change mode of the editor, pressed the 'x' character to save and exit
the editor, then updated /world/start.   When I looked, expecting to see my
new long description, nothing had changed.  Is this a bug or or am I simply
not doing it right?

Bug 2:  When my long description took out more than one line, I received
errors saying that there was no closing quote.  For instance, if I opened my
quotes on the first-line and ended my quotes on the last line, it would
report that the first-line had no closing quotes and would not compile.
Again, am I doing something wrong?

Bug 3:  The last bug that I have encountered is my inability to define more
than one administrator in /include/admin.h.  If I define more than one, it
says that I have redefined, which is totally understandable.  Anyway, how do
I go about defining more than one administrator?

-Jonathan Morrow