[DGD]Some questions.

Luwenth the Lewd luwenth at netscum.com
Wed Mar 10 21:50:30 CET 1999

Stephen Schmidt <schmidsj at union.edu> writes:
=The one thing that is true about MudOS that is not true about DGD
=is that there are a couple of fully functional game-oriented
=mudlibs available for MudOS but none for DGD. To my mind, the
=main reason -not- to use DGD is the absence of pre-existing
=game mudlibs (other than the 2.4.5 one). If you're looking to
=code your own lib from scratch, or from a bare-bones mudlib
=such as Lil (for MudOS) or Melville (for DGD), then IMHO you're
=much better off with DGD, which is a simpler driver to work
=with and tends towards more elegant solutions to mudlib
=problems (again IMHO).

	Okay, where can I find a more complete set of docs describing the
basics of what needs to be done to start creating a mudlib for DGD?
	I've tried to start one about three or four times, tried to
comprehend what 2.4.5 was doing, and am still at a loss for what I need to
put where and how it interoperates with anything else.   I've read the
overview, most of the docs, the readme's and I'm still at a loss.  I may be
a complete idiot (but apparently other people don't think so).
	I'd be more than willing to write up a step-by-step on the
necessary things and what it all means if I understood it myself, but not
understanding it is what's really hurting me.
	Suggestions for where to look or what to try?
	Thanks!
	-- Ricky

'94 ST1100 'Turvy'					luwenth at netscum.com
	"Do you have a bra to go with this, something in leather,
	rubber, barbed wire"? -- Lisa ("Weird Science")