[DGD]Some questions.

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Wed Mar 10 23:57:52 CET 1999

I'm responding to two different emails in one reply.

See page 2 of the FAQ: http://www.enol.com/~asmith/drf/dgd/faq.html
And the LPmud FAQ: http://www.imaginary.com/LPMud/lpmud_faq.html

> What's the status on closures and functions objects. Not wanted in DGD?

Unwanted.  Will not be in DGD, ever.

> Another thing, is there any chance you'll be supporting the alarms package
> in the kernel library, like you do the networking package, Dworkin?
> As the kernel lib is updated, it gets increasingly difficult to patch
> in the alarms support that comes with the package.

I intend to add milisecond delays to DGD fairly soon, using callouts
with a floating point delay argument.  There will be no support for
the alarms package itself.

Luwenth the Lewd <luwenth at netscum.com> wrote:

> 	Okay, where can I find a more complete set of docs describing the
> basics of what needs to be done to start creating a mudlib for DGD?
> 	I've tried to start one about three or four times, tried to
> comprehend what 2.4.5 was doing, and am still at a loss for what I need to
> put where and how it interoperates with anything else.   I've read the
> overview, most of the docs, the readme's and I'm still at a loss.  I may be
> a complete idiot (but apparently other people don't think so).

The document you may have missed -- at least, you didn't mention it
yourself and it is very important -- is dgd/doc/Introduction in the
source distribution, or dgd/mud/doc/dgd/Introduction in the binary
distribution.  It explains the role of the two most important objects,
the driver object and the auto object.