[DGD]1.1.53

Geir Harald Hansen geirhans at ifi.uio.no
Tue Mar 23 03:42:51 CET 1999

> The kernel lib doesn't really support the networking package at
> all.  It supports the ichat version of DGD, which has functionality
> which is similar to, but not quite the same as the networking
> package.  It is up to the networking package to patch the kernel
> lib.

Oh no. More patching.  And I thought the kernel lib supported the
networking package.  It seemed to run fine with it, though simple telnet
connections were all I did.

Any chance the kernel lib with support the networking package?
Any chance the package will support the kernel? (maintainer?)
Maybe the easiest thing is to make the networking package
work the same as the ichat networking.

[...]
> Which is indeed what the kernel lib intends to provide.  It is not
> written with the networking package in mind, though.

The networking package is very useful and as far as I can tell, very
popular.  Why not support it?  Both kernel library and networking
package are great..  Why can't I have both? ;)

-- Geir Harald Hansen, geirhans at ifi.uio.no