[DGD]DGD Install Problems

Matt Adkisson psibert at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 17:50:15 CEST 1999

I'm running into a bit of trouble installing DGD on my
system.

I downloaded the latest release of DGD (1-1) from the
lysator ftp site, and unzipped it onto my linux box,
which is running standard RH 5.2.

I couldn't find any installation documents or guides,
so I just bruised my way through...

I switched to the src directory and ran Makefile.  It
went through a list of things, seeming to compile most
of the files (producing relevent binary files).

So everything was going smoothly until

gcc -I. -I.. -DNETBSD  -g -DDEBUG   -c random.c -o
random.o
random.c:3: conflicting types for `random'
/usr/include/stdlib.h:346: previous declaration of
`random'

I'm not sure what caused this, and, being relatively
new to DGD, didn't want to hack my way into the driver
files to investigate (at least not until I had a
chance to ask here first).

So, how do I fix this error?  And how do I complete
the install once the make runs successfully?

-Matt