[DGD]Bug?

Jason Cone jcone at usabilitysciences.com
Sun Sep 5 03:58:22 CEST 1999

Greetings, all.

I was just doing some routine coding, and ran across a compile-time error
that had me going crazy for about 15 minutes.  That being, the following
code gives a 'syntax error' on line 15.  If I put a valid code segment
immediately after line 14, all is fine.  And by 'valid code segment', I mean
anything save a comment (comments yield the same result as the following
code).  I'm certain that there are no C compilers that would find fault with
the 'switch' construct as listed below.  Am I wrong?

1:  static void create
2:  (
3:      void
4:  )