[DGD]Bug?

Jason Cone jcone at usabilitysciences.com
Sun Sep 5 18:09:33 CEST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: "Felix A. Croes" <felix at dworkin.nl>
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 1999 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [DGD]Bug?

> On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, Jason Cone wrote:
>
> > I was just doing some routine coding, and ran across a compile-time error
> > that had me going crazy for about 15 minutes.  That being, the following
> > code gives a 'syntax error' on line 15.  If I put a valid code segment
> > immediately after line 14, all is fine.  And by 'valid code segment', I mean
> > anything save a comment (comments yield the same result as the following
> > code).  I'm certain that there are no C compilers that would find fault with
> > the 'switch' construct as listed below.  Am I wrong?
>
> Probably.  "There are no C compilers that ..." is rather a sweeping
> statement :)
> [...]

Hence my question. :)  I did, however, try a similar piece of code on 5
seperate compilers, all of which found no fault with said code.  It's not a
big deal and, as you pointed out, is easily avoidable, but I didn't know if
it was an indication of a larger issue that would manifest itself in
not-so-obvious places.  It's not a big deal, but I thought I would at least
point it out.

Jason

--
  Jason Cone