[DGD]DGD Expert for New Lib

Matt Adkisson psibert at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 04:03:35 CEST 1999

I am looking for someone fairly proficient in the ways
of DGD.  Myself, two programmers, and a few others are
looking to start a new RPG, and a new mudlib running
on the latest DGD driver.

I have about six months worth of experience with LPC
code, as do the two other programmers.  We all learned
on a MudOS + Lima base.  I also know C++ fairly well,
enough to have read through and understand most parts
of the actual driver source.

Most of the initial design for the game is done: we
have a full history, two starting towns and the in
between written and mapped out, documents detailing
how combat, weapons, armor, shields, spells, and so
forth should work.  We are roughly based on AD&D, with
the same item and quest mentality, though with a few
revised systems.

We have a fast + private server up and running on a
dedicated line.  Most of us are college students with
the free time available that is neccessary to start
and work on this type of project.

Again, we are looking for someone willing to help out
with the construction of a new lib.  Past that, we
would welcome any help with the design and maintenance
of the game itself.  But the main thing we need is
someone to get us started, to help us build a solid
base from which we can continue building.

You would of course get full credit for your work on
the team, and the lib shall be owned by all those who
put work into it.  Please email me - psibert at yahoo.com
- if you are interested or have any questions or
comments at all.

Regards,

Matt

I can also be reached at: matt at artifex.org (private
email, forwards to Yahoo), and through ICQ at
30785620.