[DGD]Patches

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at Skotos.net
Wed Apr 12 00:02:48 CEST 2000

James Bearden wrote:
> I did have a question about DGD 1.1 and the commercial version offered by
> skotos tech.
>
> If I were to build my lib up from 1.1, the public version, would it be
> portable to the commercial version available at skotos tech if down the line
> I wanted to go commercial in any way?
>
> What is the difference between the commercial version and the ones Dworkin
> has worked on and is working on? 1.1 and all the experimental ones.

The versions are almost identical. There are minor differences, mainly some
features added by iChat and still supported by Felix, and some very minor
changes by us. We track all the updates by Felix pretty much the day they come
out.

We also include some libraries above the kernel library -- we have our own
network package, for instance.