[DGD]Patches

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Apr 12 08:38:02 CEST 2000

Hi James,

> When I view it in Borland C++ it color codes everything green before I
> change anything. When I replace it with the patch, the + in front of + #
> define ESC  '\033' breaks the color code and turns red. normally its in
> green, but the + is in red, and everything else is in black and blue.
>
> Should I just delete the +?

The file you have is input for the program patch.  In this particular format
for patch you will find that the first character on the line means something
special to patch.  In this case, '+' as the first character means "add this
line".  You need to understand the syntax to do the patching by hand or
you won't grok the patch file :).

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide