[DGD]Hello, think you could answer a few questiosn for me? :)

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Mon Apr 24 16:04:58 CEST 2000

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Par Winzell wrote:
> BladeDarkmour at aol.com writes:
> > Aye, [state saving]'s one of the features of DGD that caught my
> > eye.. Tis a requirement, and I prefer not to have to code support for
> > it myself.

> You couldn't.

Actually, even under MudOS, you can, because of the save_object()
feature. The cost is that you can't use clones anymore; each object
needs to have its own save file, so it has to have its own code
file. (And, in fact, there's ways around that too, though not
good ones.) You have to do some additional work to preserve
environment information, and so forth, but it's doable.

But it's way too hard when DGD is available with state saves
as a driver feature.

Stephen Schmidt

It is vain to expect a well-balanced government without a
well-balanced society.
			-- Gideon Welles