[DGD]Hello, think you could answer a few questiosn for me? :)

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Mon Apr 24 06:47:53 CEST 2000

BladeDarkmour at aol.com writes:
 >  >> The use of 'nil' instead of zero for not-an-object or not-a-string etc
 >  >> makes a bigger difference than you'd think.
 >
 >  And what difference would that be?

Precisely what you yourself can derive from his description. Previous to
'nil' the role of zero was both that of the integer zero and the element
of nonexistance. If a function returned 0, you didn't necessarily know
if it was trying to return the integers zero, or just fell through with
no explicit return, or did not in fact resist. Similarly, there was no
way to have an explicit zero-integer mapping value.

Nobody here is going to sell you DGD. It's the best driver, it's up to
you to figure if it's what you need.

 > I know nothing of shadow, but going by the name and my experience with
 > Diku style muds, snoop lets you receive all info goin to and from ...

See my previous mail. Your experience with Diku style muds might confuse
you a little as regards the layers of a DGD-based mud. The driver should
not implement snoop, the mudlib should. DGD is a generic driver, not a
mud. There is a higher startup cost in working with DGD, because there's
a dearth of good startup mudlibs for it.

 > Aye, that's one of the features of DGD that caught my eye.. Tis a
 > requirement, and I prefer not to have to code support for it myself.

You couldn't.

Pär