[DGD]Skotos and StoryBuilder

Matt Adkisson psibert at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 03:20:12 CEST 2000

Skotos will require its licensed "users" to send in to
Skotos any modification that is made to the server --
not areas, items, etc, but any systems, such as a new
combat system, or a new room system, etc.  Skotos then
"owns" your system and has the right to release that
system as theirs (with no credit to you, as I
understand it) in the next server version.  Skotos
explained that, via this method, the StoryBuilder
server would continually evolve with minimal effort on
their part.

You may have already known about this, but in any case
it's a critical point to consider.  I was a bit put
off by it, as it forces the active MUD admin to code
for Skotos.  I don't mean to sound harsh, and Skotos
may have altered their business practices since I
talked with them.

Matt