[DGD]get ini-settings from the driver?

Ludger Merkens balduin at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Dec 11 13:15:58 CET 2000

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000 birgit.schulte at philips.com wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I think this might have been asked before, but anyways:
> How about enabling to get some settings from the ini-file used at startup from DGD?
> Those could be included in the limits.h. Nice settings to have would be imho
> maximum array_size, number of users (and maybe of editors), objects and call_outs.
>
> Any chance to get that, or what would be arguments against it?

Well I don't know if there are any severe arguments against it, but you
can patch your version and add a new kfun.

In dgd there is a function conf_statusi that could be wrapped. Basically
it works like this. Where field is the numeral value of the configuration
status.

..
f->sp->type = T_INT;
f->sp->u.number = field;
conf_statusi(f, f->sp->u.number, f->sp);
..

The ... indicates you have to do the usual kfun wrapping. The result will
be in f->sp->u.number. Make sure you handle other types than integer
correctly.

I don't know if there is a severe reason not to include such a function
into the distribution, basically it is already there. Since it's
stackframe handling seems to be the same as that of a kfun, you could
even try to wrap the conf_statusi function directly.

> Best regards,

Ludger Merkens
(grumbel)