[DGD]dgd: possible to run without internet connection?

Thomas Annandale thomas at boredatheist.com
Tue Dec 12 13:59:41 CET 2000

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Erwin Harte wrote:
> Use 'localhost' to indicate the ipname that you want to connect to,
> so something like "telnet localhost <yourportnumber>".

Sorry, I should have been more specific.  My problem is that when I'm not
connected to the internet, the DGD driver will not start.  I type "./dgd
mymud.dgd" and it hangs for a while and then exits with the message
"gethostbyname: Resource temporarily unavailable"

Any suggestions?  It really would be nice to be able to work on my mud
even when I'm at some place without internet access.

--
Thomas
www.boredatheist.com