[DGD]Networking pkg and telnet_port, binary_port

Ludger Merkens balduin at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Jul 6 11:45:34 CEST 2000

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Tavis Elliott wrote:

> Should be a simple question.  Quote from the networking package I've installed:
>

> > The config-file entries `telnet_port' and `binary_port' are still valid but
>
> > will be ignored.  The driver object should take care of opening the
> > appropriate ports during initialization.
>
> This is no problem, but I would still like to use the values defined by those
> config entries as opposed to defining them in the lib somewhere else.  Is this
> possible ?  I notice they aren't returned by status(), are they accessible somewhere
> else ?

As far as I know, it's impossible unless you patch the driver. What you
can do is #include the config file and use the preprocessor to retrieve
the values (ugly). Of course you then loose the possibility to use more
than one config file with your library.

> Thanks!
well I don't know if this really is a big help.

Ludger Merkens
(balduin at upb.de)