[DGD]No error-message?

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Wed Jun 7 15:11:30 CEST 2000

birgit.schulte at philips.com wrote:

> I checked for a catch, but as far as I can say there isn't one. I got this problem in the function remove_program of the
> object-daemon, which is called by the driver, and looks like:
>
> remove_program(string path, int timestamp, int index)
> {
>    some stuff which seems to work...
>
>    dmsg("step 4\n"); <- just print some message to see if I reach this stage, which I do
>
>      /* clean up mapping if needed, with map being a global nested mapping */
>       if (!sizeof(map[index]))  <- here's the bug, does work with map_sizeof
>          map[index] = nil;
>
>    dmsg("step 5\n"); <- not executed anymore
> }

Ah!  There is a catch, but it is in DGD rather than your own code.
remove_program() is called from within a critical code section in
the driver, where an error cannot be handled normally.  Other functions
in the driver object which are handled in the same way are
runtime_error() and, in 1.1.76 and later, atomic_error().

I will add a warning message in 1.1.93, as there is for runtime_error()
and atomic_error().