[DGD]FTP server

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Wed Jun 21 19:51:50 CEST 2000

Tavis Elliott writes:
 > After spending several days avoiding it, I finally have tackled an
 > attempt at porting an existing FTP daemon from another mud driver to
 > DGD.  So far I have everything working with the binary port, the only
 > problem being that the FTP daemon is written to do callback connections
 > for all the data retr/stor functions.  There are two reasons why this
 > won't work for me.  1) I don't want to take the time right now to
 > compile networking socket stuff into the driver.  2) This won't work for
 > those behind a firewall.  Now I KNOW ftp will work from behind a
 > firewall, so is there a way for someone to point me to some docs on how
 > to implement this quickly, so I don't have to read the RFC on the
 > protocol?  Thanks for any help!

Err, I've always personally found RFC's to be by far the most concise
documentations of protocols. What you want is passive mode, initiated
I believe by sending 'PASV'. Precisely how the communication happens,
I don't know. You could almost certainly dig the answer out of the RFC
in the time it'd take you to reply to this mail. :)

Pär