[DGD]sprintf

E. Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Tue May 9 21:20:21 CEST 2000

Hi,

On Wed, 10 May 2000, John West McKenna wrote:

> I've written a sprintf() function for my own amusement, and thought I might
> release it to the world.

:-)

> It has only token numeric support, but the string formatting is quite
> powerful.  It will word-wrap long strings into columns (with justification
> and paragraph indenting) and lay out arrays into neat tables.  I borrowed
> some ideas from one I found in MudOS, but any resemblance in use or
> implementation are purely coincidental.
>
> It can be found at http://www.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/~john/dgd
>
> I'm placing no restrictions on its use, modification or distribution, apart
> from any implied by the DGD licence.  But I'd appreciate hearing if it gets
> used, or if you have any problems with it.

Abigail wrote a similar package back in 1995.  Some searching shows that
it's available on at least one site still:

    ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/lpmud/drivers/dgd/lpc/sprintf-1.3.tgz

Might be worth looking into for inspiration or ideas on how to improve
your own package? :-)

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte  -  Forever September, 2443 and counting  -  harte at xs4all.nl