[DGD]DGD HTML?

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Tue May 16 06:55:59 CEST 2000

Stephen Schmidt wrote:
> Anyone ever used DGD to serve web pages? I have a dim vision
> of a mud conducted over an HTML interface rather than a telnet
> interface. I imagine that DGD can do that, but not being much
> of a networks person, I'm fuzzy on the details (like, do I
> use the binary or telnet port). It'd be a quick 'n' dirty
> way to get something resembling a GUI without having to
> code up a client (and everyone has Netscape or IE, right? ;)

The binary port.  You'd then have to implement some version of HTTP for that
port.  I'd actually consider using several ports.  One port speaking HTTP for
the view and another port for chatting and so forth that you could display
via a Java Applet.  You either announce people entering and leaving on the
"chat" side of things or you'd have to do some form of server side push to
update the graphics (you might need this for vision effects such as light and
darkness too).

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide