[DGD]DGD HTML?

Michael Bergbauer michael.bergbauer at gmx.net
Tue May 16 06:55:34 CEST 2000

On 16-May-00 Stephen Schmidt wrote:
> Anyone ever used DGD to serve web pages? I have a dim vision
> of a mud conducted over an HTML interface rather than a telnet
> interface. I imagine that DGD can do that, but not being much
> of a networks person, I'm fuzzy on the details (like, do I
> use the binary or telnet port).

DGD can do that, no question, the problem that I see is the following: usually
browsers and the webserver terminate their connections after all data for the
moment is transmitted and reopen them when the client requests new data. You
can't change this behaviour, so you need some means to identify the client with
the right session on the server. And you neverever can tell who is logged in
just from looking at the connection objects.

Michael

--
Michael Bergbauer <michael.bergbauer at gmx.net>
Use your idle CPU cycles.