[DGD]LPC- and Kernel-library questions

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Wed May 17 17:04:44 CEST 2000

birgit.schulte at philips.com wrote:

> Many thanks to Ludger and Erwin for the really fast answers :)
>
> So for now I'll ignore the TLS-stuff, but I do hope that once DGD supports it there
> will be some more documentation to shed light on this interesting stuff even for ignorants like me :)

You can already use the TLS interface by inheriting /kernel/lib/api/tls
from a System object.  The interface provided by this object allows
you to use variables in thread local storage as well as increase their
number.  Increasing their number should always be one of the first things
you do after a cold boot, since the default number is 0.

TLS variables should be used for things like this_player(), which change
during each thread and are accessed from all over the mud.

The doc for catch is indeed incorrect.  It is not even a kfun, but a
language construct, and thus should not be documented in doc/kfun at
all.

Improving the documentation for DGD and the kernel lib is on my TODO
list. :)