[DGD]object management

birgit.schulte at philips.com birgit.schulte at philips.com
Mon May 22 16:58:57 CEST 2000

Hi there,

trying my hand on an object-daemon and given Felix's statement that it could be wise
to ensure that of a given object only one issue exists at a time, I see the following problem:

Let's say,

1. fork     A->B->Cx
2. fork     A->D->E->Fx

with -> : inherited by, and Cx/Fx are leaf objects (may have clones).

Now I change A, and call compile_object(A). With the matter of issues in mind, I ensure that
in case of any inherited object a compile means a complete upgrade of this object and all which inherit it.
But what happens if the upgrade on the first fork works, thus creating a new issue of A, while the one
on the second fails, leaving the old issue behind? So how do I ensure that multiple issues don't exist?

Regards, Birgit