[DGD]Compiling DGD with VC 6.0

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Tue Oct 17 17:26:08 CEST 2000

"Risto Karjalainen" <risto.karjalainen at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:

>[...]
> > This looks like a VC installation/configuration problem to me.  The
>
> I don't think the problem is in the installation or configuration as I've
> tried to compile DGD on two different machines. My friend tried to
> compile it too and got the same error.
>
> > file you mention is not part of the DGD distribution.
>
> Allow me to quote the windgd.mak in hosts/pc:
>
> # ADD BASE LINK32 /nologo /subsystem:windows /machine:I386
> # ADD LINK32 nafxcw.lib /nologo /subsystem:windows /machine:I386 \
> /out:"Release/dgd.exe"
> LINK32_FLAGS=nafxcw.lib /nologo /subsystem:windows /incremental:no\
>  /pdb:"$(OUTDIR)/dgd.pdb" /machine:I386 /out:"$(OUTDIR)/dgd.exe"
>
> These are lines 137-140 by the way.

Interesting.  Since you said that this library has been removed by
Microsoft, I'd suggest that you remove the offending references from the
makefile and see what happens; otherwise, follow the directions that
were given by the Microsoft source that told you about this.

If none of the above works, perhaps one of the persons who have
managed to compile DGD with VC6 can make you a gift of his or her
(apparently modified) windgd.mak.