[DGD]ansi again (sorry Erwin)

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Mon Sep 18 23:20:12 CEST 2000

 > >A) Take the hint and don't use ANSI, which is indeed damn >annoying,
 > What does everyone have against ansi?  Maybe it's just because i'm female,
 > but I think all the colors are pretty :)

No, no, I love colour myself. It's just that there are so many clients
out there that do ANSI badly or even crash on certain escape sequences
and it's so easy for some lamer to log in and do a mud-wide shout that
turns everybody's client inside out, reversed video, flashing, ...

That said, I don't much like the escape sequence filter myself.

 > >C) The easiest; go find this piece of code in comm.c...[etc]
 >
 > I tried this, but it still won't read my escapes...would it be possible to
 > put the escape function itself in there, as nothing seems to read '\033' as
 > relevant, not telnet, tinyfugue, tintin, zmud or a plain old file morer.
 > I'm at a loss here :)

I don't understand what you are saying here, I'm afraid... What does it
mean to "read escapes"? The '\033' is something you put into the source
code and then recompile the driver... it's the escape character itself.
I don't understand what you're saying about telnet, tintin, etc?

Zell