[DGD]ansi again (sorry Erwin)

Matthew Jenkins matt at esb.co.uk
Tue Sep 19 10:20:50 CEST 2000

I got round this problem by implementing my own "write" functions (all
rolled into player()->tell_me().

This function handles lots of manipulation of the output string (
including filtering out the escape sequence so wiz'z etc can't use ansi
directly, and changing character pairs (^R ^G ^b ^H etc) into a
pre-defined set of "safe" ansi sequences.  This also has the advantage
that normal users can use colour in their "says" and "tells" etc, safely.

It also handles filtering out of swear words.

Colour is important in real life - why not make it so in virtual-life as
well?

Matt