[DGD]Object manager released

Chris Kaczor zor at mediaone.net
Thu Sep 21 23:42:04 CEST 2000

Okay - after some hair pulling I think I got this working.  =)

Here is my initd.c:

	static void create()
	    {
	    compile_object("obj/user");

	    compile_object("sys/telnet");

	    "/kernel/sys/userd"->set_telnet_manager(find_object("sys/telnet"));
	    }

And here is my telnet.c:

	void create()
	    {
	    }

	object select(string str)
	    {
	    object  user;

	    user = clone_object("/usr/System/obj/user");

	    return user;
	    }

	int query_timeout(object connection)
	    {
	    return 15;
	    }

	string query_banner(object connection)
	    {
	    return "Login: ";
	    }

Does that look right?  Is the telnet manager supposed to keep track of the
user object it gives out so it can return them for another select later on?
It doesn't seem that it should as userd.c appears to be doing that.

Right now I'm using a copy of the default kernel library user.c for
testing - but now that I've got my own copy running I can create a new one
from scratch.

One thing that threw me for awhile is the fact that clone_object for the
user wouldn't work if I didn't do a compile_object first - but that makes
sense now.  I'm just used to clone doing all the work for me.  =)

Thanks everyone for the help - I think I've got enough to chew on for
awhile.

Zor