[DGD]Initializing problem

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Apr 19 22:22:00 CEST 2001

Stephen Schmidt <schmidsj at union.edu> wrote:

> Am trying to run the kernel lib with a (greatly) modified
> /kernel/obj/user.c. Nothing else different, other than some
> additional files added that are inherited or included by the
> new user.c. Starting up DGD produces:
>
> : Apr 19 15:43:34 ** DGD 1.2
> : Apr 19 15:43:34 ** Initializing...
> : /kernel/obj/user.c, 14: cannot include "kernel.h"
> : Error within runtime_error:
> : Array index out of range
> : Error within runtime_error:
> : Array index out of range
> : Array index out of range
> : Config error: initialization failed
>
> Any ideas what's going on? kernel.h is where it should be.

First off, making modifications to the kernel library is a bad idea.
Basically it means that your mudlib is tied to a specific version of
the kernel library, and that it will not work (without modifications)
with different kernel library or different DGD versions.  I am about
to make a large amount of changes to the kernel library for light-weight
objects, for example.  There will be more changes for multi-processor
support.

The kernel.h file must be included as <kernel/kernel.h>.  The curious
errormessages are due to the fact that the kernel library cannot
handle errors occurring in its own code.