[DGD]Initializing problem

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 20 18:27:40 CEST 2001

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 10:56:23AM -0500, Jason Cone wrote:
[...]
> For each of the 2 locations, /kernel/include/System.h and
> /usr/System/include/System.h, the statement,
>
> 	#include <System.h>
>
> , is still a valid declaration; I verified this by moving your System.h from
> /kernel/include to /usr/System/include and changed nothing else.  Because
> one of the (secondary) include paths in the config file is "~/include", any
> file that is represented by "/usr/<single directory>/include/<file>" can be
> included via "#include <file>".

Try including it from, say, ~admin/foobar.c, and you will find that
the ~/include/ directory is assumed to be ~admin/include/, not
~System/include/.

[...]
> To me, a custom secondary library should be totally and completely
> encapsulated by the /usr/System -- that way, alternative core libraries
> could be developed on top of which any library that was configured to run on
> top of Felix's core library could also run (which may, or may not, contain a
> '/kernel/include' directory).

The /kernel/include/ directory would only be a problem if
/kernel/include were part of the search-path, which it isn't, adding
it is what I would consider an interface-change and all bets are off
at that point. :-)

I understand your point about the encapsulation, if I were to further
develop this particular demo-System-lib I might change things a bit.

Regards,

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte      : `Don't mind Erwin, he gets crabby. :)'
harte at xs4all.nl  :    -- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>