[DGD]Sending emails through DGD?

John West McKenna john at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Apr 30 19:10:55 CEST 2001

Mordengaard writes:

>I'm trying to set up a system that automatically emails a player their
>password when they create a new account.  Is there currently support for
>this in DGD, or does anyone know what changes might need to be made to
>implement this feature?

You'll need to add the networking package to the driver (I believe it
hasn't yet been updated for the latest version), and then write some code
to speak SMTP to the player's machine.

This is fairly simple.  Connect to port 25, and send something like:
(copying from some code that I didn't write - apologies if this is wrong.
Read the RFC before you do this)

	EHLO mymud.muds-r-us.com
	MAIL FROM: gumby at mymud.muds-r-us.com
	RCPT TO: fred at freds.mail.com