[DGD] do lightweight objects duplicate arrays?

Thomas Conner Annandale gte829m at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 23 15:10:15 CEST 2001

Say I have a (non-lightweight) object, A, that maintains several arrays of
data.  A also references a lightweight object.  That lightweight object,
in turn, references some of the arrays in A.  Are the arrays duplicated at
the end of the executing thread?

Also, I seem to have some trouble with save_object and restore_object on
light-weight objects.  Are these functions supposed to work on lightweight
objects the same as they work on normal objects?

On a side note, don't you think it would be better to have the contents of
lightweight objects saved when the object that references them is saved
(using save_object), since the very existence of the lightweight object is
dependent on its referrer?

And wouldn't it be better still to just have "struct" functionality?  :P

Thomas
www.boredatheist.com