[DGD] Problems With Melville

David Jackson araborn at home.com
Mon Dec 3 10:28:06 CET 2001

Has anyone done much with Melville?  I am currently in the process of
re-working Melville into a full blown mud, and there are a number of
problems...

#1) The parser is over-simplistic.  This is easy to fix, I just can't
imagine why they didn't do it better in the first place.
#2) I never got soul commands to work ... period.  And ended up having to
re-write the entire soul daemon from scratch.
#3) Equipment saving on quit.  This should have been a switch.  Does anyone
have any elegant solutions?
#4) The editor.  Is there any source out there for a better text editor?

Your thoughts and input would be highly appreciated...

David Jackson
Mystic Visions MudLib 24.11.21..138 Port 7408