[DGD] Problems With Melville

J Child askrius at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 22:48:32 CET 2001

> #2) I never got soul commands to work ... period.
> And ended up having to
> re-write the entire soul daemon from scratch.

So did I. Didnt mind really, I enjoy coding things on
my own.

> #3) Equipment saving on quit.  This should have been
> a switch.  Does anyone
> have any elegant solutions?

Hrmm. This could be done in a number of ways. I am not
to this point yet. Take a look at H7, it has eq
saving...

> #4) The editor.  Is there any source out there for a
> better text editor?

Methinks you are stuck with 'ed'. This is a staple of
LPMuds, and is written into DGD. Use of something like
a "pico" or "emacs" like interface would be not only
time consuming, but a pain in the arse. It could be
done, dont get me wrong. Its a little easier to allow
ftp for wizards...

My mud, Shadowfall, uses Melville as a base. I tend to
have a "do it my way" attitude, so it works well for
me.

~jas