[META] Newbies (was: Re: [DGD] Problems With Melville)

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 4 03:40:24 CET 2001

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 06:30:15PM -0800, J Child wrote:
[...]
> > How long have you been on the list? :-)
> >

> Not long at all, nor do I pretend to be a veteran of
> DGD. Been coding LPC for a few years now, but thats
> not important.

*nod* It was a bit of a rhetorical question. :)

[...]
> Yeah, I just get a little miffed when the elders take
> it on themselves to treat others like crap. But
> whatever. This is a driver mailing list, not a place
> for social commentary.

And that's why we don't talk about politics, Linux vs. FreeBSD, or
the Evil Redmond Empire.  It doesn't stop us from being miffed about
someone new walking in and starting off with "your software sucks",
though, instead of a "Hi, I'm new and was wondering why this was done
this way" type of message (not saying this was how this sounded, just
trying to make a point), nothing wrong with some 'good form'.

Regards,

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte <harte at xs4all.nl>