[DGD] Multiple Connections Using DGD

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Fri Dec 7 22:30:24 CET 2001

 > Is it possible to monitor more than one port, and handle connections from
 > those multiple ports, with one instance of DGD?

Vanilla DGD doesn't do this. You can allow HTTP connections to
the binary port and just discriminate depending on the first few
lines of communication.

There's also the network package. Not sure what state that is in,
how recently it was upgraded. It gives DGD the ability to open a
whole slew of ports, as well as do outbound TCP and UDP connects.

 > My thoughts are to implement a very simplistic web-server, but I want to be
 > able to use variables and data from the running instance of my MUD (a
 > web-based who, top 10 list, obituary, etc).

Very doable. Many projects have such a web server. The Skotos one
depends rather fundamentally on it.

Zell