[DGD] Multiple Connections Using DGD

David Jackson araborn at home.com
Fri Dec 7 23:22:05 CET 2001

At 01:30 PM 12/7/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>  > Is it possible to monitor more than one port, and handle connections from
>  > those multiple ports, with one instance of DGD?
>
>Vanilla DGD doesn't do this. You can allow HTTP connections to
>the binary port and just discriminate depending on the first few
>lines of communication.

Following your response, I dug through the source code, and found
where to implement the hooks in driver.c .  Very simple.

>  > My thoughts are to implement a very simplistic web-server, but I want
> to be
>  > able to use variables and data from the running instance of my MUD (a
>  > web-based who, top 10 list, obituary, etc).
>
>Very doable. Many projects have such a web server. The Skotos one
>depends rather fundamentally on it.
>
>Zell

Is there any chance some example code is floating around somewhere?
Although, from further reading, implementing basic HTTP is relatively simple.

The possibilities are endless, for what you could do with an integral web
server.

David Jackson