[DGD] Re: Virtual Objects (2)

Arnau Rossell=?US-ASCII?Q?=F3?= Castell=?US-ASCII?Q?=F3?= arocas at alumni.uv.es
Mon Dec 10 04:20:24 CET 2001

> So, you could do something like check for the existence of a file
> corresponding to the first argument passed into compile_object.  If a file
> didn't exist, you could pass the argument off to another daemon that could
> generate an appropriate object for the name specified and return it back
> into compile_object() (which would then do whatever it needed to with the
> object, before returning it).  I *think* this object could even be a clone.

You mean redefining compile_object in the auto object? I think this would return
the right object, but with the wrong name, for example if you try compile_object
("/foo/bar") and /foo/bar.c exists, there would be no problem, but if it
doesn't exist, it would return some object, but the object returned would be
called "/foo/bing#345" or something like that. Is there a way around that?

Thank you for your answers, Steve.

      Arnau.