[DGD] (no subject)

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Wed Dec 12 14:33:06 CET 2001

Shevek <shevek at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Please ignore that last msg as I finally figured out what I was doing wrong.
> When you cd into /usr/System you have to be sure to use System, not system.
> The capitilisation is all important.

This is an annoying problem on Windows and MacOS.  I've looked into
verifying that pathnames have proper capitalization, but that would be
costly and still would prevent the simultaneous (distinct) existance
of /usr/System and /usr/system, which is perfectly allowable under unix.
Right now, I do not have a good solution.

I will change the errormessage so that there will be more of a hint as to
what is wrong.