[DGD] Parse String help doc

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Thu Dec 13 22:05:29 CET 2001

 > I don't know all the ins and outs of parse_string().  The document
 > is really intended for those without a CS background who might be
 > having trouble just getting their head around what is going on
 > conceptually, since those are really the only people I could be
 > even remotely qualified to explain it to ;) (In the land of the
 > blind, the one-eyed man is king!)  Feel free to email me with
 > criticisms, suggestions, or even, heaven forbid, corrections!

I did not read it carefully enough to send any corrections, if any
need sending, but I did see enough to be quite impressed. Those are
some excellent and illustrative examples! Good work. This document
should help a lot of people.

If there is a weakness, it is perhaps the prose, which feels a bit
convoluted at times. The document would benefit if you went through
and chopped some sentences up into smaller bits, using the active
voice rather than the passive.

But -- nitpicking -- as it stands, this is a very welcome piece of
work.

Zell