[DGD] Melville/Mystic Visions HTTP Daemon

Nico Lammers n.lammers at home.nl
Tue Dec 18 21:00:15 CET 2001

> Greetings,
>
> I have gotten a working HTTP daemon for my Melville-based lib which uses
> the binary port - I'm currently in the process of making it more generic
> for straight "plug and play" in any DGD mudlib.  Is anyone else interested
> in seeing this?  I do this in the hopes that some of you who are  more
> familiar with HTTP server implementation will take this snippet and add on
> to it.

I'd be interested :)

> One of the things that I haven't got a solid grasp on is the sending of a
> binary file (images). Right now, the HTML file it transports must have
it's
> image files linked from a different site.  I would also like to be able to
> deliver Java applets, but without any other Java overhead.

You can send images the same way as 'plain text' as far as I know. But the
files
can't be bigger than 64k I guess. I'm not even sure if sting lengths are
limited in
binary mode ;) I guess.Just load the contents of the file into a string, and
then
use send_message() from the receive_message() function in the 'user' object.

> Any insight into this would be appreciated, as my knowledge of HTTP server
> implementation is dim.

Umm.. well, this is probably not even what you wanted to hear, but it's that
what
came to mind, anyway.

-- Nico Lammers