[DGD] Persistance

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Fri Dec 28 20:23:06 CET 2001

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Shevek wrote:
> Does anyone think it might be possible to have a blueprint type thing?

It's hard for me to envision that descriptions of rooms, especially
long ones, could be prepared from a blueprint that limited the text
available to players. Other than that, yes. But that's a big exception.

> Then once
> the player is happy with the look/feel of their blueprint they could hand
> it over to one of the wizards/admins for approval. Then if approved throw
> it over to a wizard for coding.

I would not want to be in charge of recruiting wizards to work
under this system. It's hard enough to find wizards willing to
devote the time/effort to produce quality, theme-consistent
areas when they're working from their own ideas. Finding ones
willing to do it from someone else's ideas would seem a
difficult chore.

It would be easier if only small systems of rooms could be
constructed this way, so that the wizard(s) would do this
only part-time, and work on their own projects most of the
time.

Steve