[DGD]Limiting access to functions

Neil McBride sarak at castinian.org
Thu Feb 1 08:51:00 CET 2001

Hi all,

I'm trying to work out if the following is in fact possible.  It's been a
long day, so maybe I'm missing something simple somewhere...

Consider the following scenario.  We have object A, which contains a
nomask function X.  Function X makes a call to function Y in object B.
Function Y in object B will only continue if it is called by function X
in object A.  This is relatively simple to do using call_trace (I think).

Now, consider we take it one step further and we have object C which
inherits object A, allowing access to the nomask function X.  Function X
is then called in object C, thus calling function Y in object B.  Going
by the above method, function Y will not allow itself to continue, as it
is being called by function X in object C, instead of object A, as the
inherited objects are not listed in the call trace - my little problem ;)

Is there any way to determine that function X in object C is in fact the
inherited function X from object A, thus allowing function Y to continue?

I hope that makes sense - it's been a long day ;)

Thanks,

Neil.