[DGD]Limiting access to functions

Ludger Merkens balduin at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Feb 1 09:16:59 CET 2001

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Neil McBride wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to work out if the following is in fact possible.  It's been a
> long day, so maybe I'm missing something simple somewhere...
>
> Consider the following scenario.  We have object A, which contains a
> nomask function X.  Function X makes a call to function Y in object B.
> Function Y in object B will only continue if it is called by function X
> in object A.  This is relatively simple to do using call_trace (I think).
>
> Now, consider we take it one step further and we have object C which
> inherits object A, allowing access to the nomask function X.  Function X
> is then called in object C, thus calling function Y in object B.  Going
> by the above method, function Y will not allow itself to continue, as it
> is being called by function X in object C, instead of object A, as the
> inherited objects are not listed in the call trace - my little problem ;)
>
> Is there any way to determine that function X in object C is in fact the
> inherited function X from object A, thus allowing function Y to continue?
>
> I hope that makes sense - it's been a long day ;)
> > Thanks,

Hmm, is
NAME
        function_object - find a function in an object

SYNOPSIS
        string function_object(string function, object obj)

DESCRIPTION
        Find the named function, which must be callable with call_other(),
        in an object.  If the function is found, the name of the inherited
        object that defines it is returned; otherwise, zero is returned.

SEE ALSO
        kfun/call_other

what you need?

Ludger