[DGD]Limiting access to functions

Neil McBride sarak at castinian.org
Thu Feb 1 09:20:27 CET 2001

It would have been me that wrote:
> Is there any way to determine that function X in object C is in fact the
> inherited function X from object A, thus allowing function Y to
> continue?

So as is always the case, I worked this out shortly after I posted. Just in
case I got anyone's curiosity going, the solution I've thought of is as
follows.

Firstly, you can determine the previous function name using call_trace.  In
this case, X.  However, call_trace doesn't list any inherited objects (Is
there anything that does?).  Once you've found the function name, you can
then use function_object to determine what object the function was inherited
from.  The only restriction is that X must be callable by call_other.  If the
object is object A, then you've found your match.  Also, the fact that
function X is nomask means it can't be changed - always useful when you're
trying to ensure data integrity ;)

Cheers,

Neil.