[DGD]Default Wiztool not loaded ?

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Fri Feb 16 19:24:03 CET 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Erwin Harte wrote:
> No, it triggers this error because you're trying to clone a /kernel/
> object, only code in /kernel/ itself can do that.

Erwin's right, and I might be right also (he may not have
read access to the file) but I'm not sure I am anymore.

> If you had looked at  the actual code in /kernel/lib/auto.c and read
> the comment that is there, surely you wouldn't come to the same
> conclusion as I just did.  Yes, that's a hint.

I looked at it :)  But I didn't look at the #define for
DEFAULT_WIZTOOL.

> What you need to do is make your own wiztool, a good start is probably
> to copy /kernel/obj/wiztool.c to ~System/obj/wiztool.c and make sure
> your user.c clones that instead.

Indeed, I wonder why wiztool is located in the kernel directory
in the first place? It is the kind of thing that will tend to
be cloned by non-kernel objects, isn't it? Would it not be
more appropriate to make an obj directory in the root directory
of the mudlib, and put the wiztool there? I imagine there are
some Security Issues to be fudged that way too, though.

Steve